Monday, November 12, 2012

Passion is Important

Let me tell you this. I don't care who you are or what you believe; I don't care how close we are or if we agree; I don't care if I just met you or have known you forever: I want to see hear the passion in your voice and watch it light the fire in your eyes.

There's a look that people get when they talk about their passion, there's animation on their face and excitement in their voice. Seeing that inspires me. It's not necessarily about what they are saying but it's how they are saying it. I want to have that animation and excitement too, I get excited about the excitement. I want to shout to the world "Look at this person! They are passionate!". There is nothing more honorable, more necessary, more exciting than a passionate person

Fire is the image my mind conjures when the word passion is whispered. It's intense. It consumes you. It overtakes your life. It spreads. It is difficult to extinguish, painful to suppress, and hypnotizing to watch. Fire provides light and spreads warmth. Fire is powerful, and so is passion.

What am I passionate about? I'm passionate about knowledge and learning; about independence and individuality; and I am passionate about passion. These are all things I always want to talk about, things I'm never want to leave my life, things that excite me and things that define who I am. A passion is a strong and barely controllable emotion. To this definition I say "Good". Why should you want to control the kind of enthusiasm, excitement and spirt that are elements in the fire of passion? Passion is what drives this world and I beg you to remember that and plead you to act on it.

By all means, make goals, keep your dreams in mind and take advice from others. Those are great, but they are secondary. More importantly, follow your passion. Follow it to the end. Let it spread to others, let it rise. Let it consume you and light up your world. Let it heat a world that has turned cold. Your passion is a fire that burns from your soul, and no one can extinguish it. It will not be suppressed. Let it burn.

"In each of us there burns a flame of independence that must never be allowed to go out…as long as that exists within us we cannot be destroyed –Bryce Courtenay, Power of One"

No comments:

Post a Comment