Monday, September 3, 2012

I'm a Terrier!

SED!

Hey! Did you know I go to BU?! Have I mentioned that?! Have I mentioned that I LOVE IT?! I hope you think I'm as funny as I think I am. I'm laughing. Anyway. College. BU. I'm here guys.

My mom and I left Colorado over a week ago. We went to Boston first and went to a Red Sox game (THEY WON, GO SOX!). Then we left Boston and went to New York. Then, the much awaited move in. We came back to Boston and moved into my dorm. Have you ever been to Bed Bath and Beyond in Boston (TONS of College Students!) during move in week? It's insane. Most stressful/scary/thrilling shopping experience of my life. We successfully got all of the things we needed and got my dorm all set up (there are pictures below!). Additionally, I fit all of my clothes and shoes in the closet (so take that everyone who said I would never fit all those giant bags in a dorm room!). I'm pretty pleased with the dorm. It's bigger than I expected it to be. My roommate and I seem to get on well together. So that's good.

Yesterday, we had matriculation. This is basically the opposite of graduation I suppose. It's pretty much the only time that the entire BU Class of 2016 is together in one place until graduation. My favorite part about this whole event was SED (because SED is my favorite part of everything, duh). We all had our matching SED ROX shirts on and so we looked way cooler than all of the other schools (because we are, duh). The shirts were also great because when I was standing around in the crowd alone and didn't have any friends or anybody to talk to I just looked for people with SED shirts on and befriended them. I met a lot of new SED people. I'm pretty sure that every single person in SED is amazing and wonderful and awesome. Have I told you that I like SED?  There was Splash, which is a sign up for all the clubs and activities. I was stoked to sign up for Quidditch but other than that I didn't sign up for anything...can you guess why? Because none of the SED clubs were there! (duh, those are the ones I wanted to join). The other thing that happened yesterday was a floor meeting. This was long and hot (Boston weather is hot and sticky, winter come faster!). BUT this was fun because I ended up meeting all the people on my floor and making some new friends. I learned that there are two more SED girls on my floor besides me and my roommate. So that made me happy (duh). Later on I made my first non SED friend (she's my neighbor). We ate cookies and sat on our laptops, so what's not to love about that?

This morning! I loved this morning of course. You know what I did this morning? SED stuff! (duh). First up was the Amazing Race, which is basically a scavenger hunt throughout campus. We did this with our TM groups (shout out to Jeff and Kristina, who are both awesome!) and other TM groups. This involved a lot of running and sweating in the heat of the day. But, it was worth it when Dumbledore's Army (our awesome team) won second place and free movie tickets! Then we got ice cream! Because SED is great! THEN there was SED get active, which was like splash for all of the SED clubs (I was excited obviously). I signed up for pretty much all of the clubs and all the SED intramurals, because I just want to do everything related to SED all the time (duh). So that was exciting. I had lunch at one of the dining halls with a bunch of other SED students and made some more new friends! Look at me go!

Anyway, you'll have to excuse the randomness and poor writing found in this article, I think the heat is getting to me or something. I hope you're a Terrier too and that you're having as much fun as I am! I also hope for your sake you're in SED! (duh) If you're not a Terrier or in SED, that's a shame for you but I hope you're having a nice time wherever you are too!

Comment about your favorite part of college or how your experience are in the comment section and stay fabulous!




2 comments: